In NSX-T starting from ver 2.4 NSX-T appliance got decoupled from vCenter where now its not mandatory to run NSX-T on vCenter platform only. Now NSX-T can be managed through standalone ESXi host, KVM or through container platform.
As in version 2.4 there is still an option available to connect vCenter to NSX-T using Compute Manager.
Here in this blog we will learn how we can unregister and register NSX-T extenstion from vCenter in case of any sync or vCenter connectivity issue with NSX-T.
Lets get started..
1) Login to NSX-T UI
Go to -> System ->Compute Manager
Here, vCenter is showing in Down status where the status is showing as "Not Registered"
2) When we click on "Not Registered" option its states below error.
3) When try to click on Resolve option its states below.
At this stage if the Resolve option doesn't work then its require the remove the NSX-T extenstion from vCenter.
To remove the NSX-T extenstion from vCenter please use below steps.
- Login to vCenter using "https://vCenterFQDN/mob
- Click on "Content" under Properties
- Click on ExtensionManger
- Click on more... to expend extension to view nsx-extension.
- Click on nsx extension "extensionList["com.vmware.nix.management.nsxt"]
- validate the key String value.
- Copy the highlighted value nsx manager and next step in invoke process.
- Go back to Home page and again click content -> ExtensionManager.
- Click on unregister Extension.
- Paste the value which we copied in previous step to invoke.
- Click on Invoke Method.
This process will remove the NSX-T extension from vCenter and now you can register the Compute Manager (vCenter) again into NSX-T manager.
Happy Sharing.... :)
Post a Comment