Recently I got an issue from one of my customer where they were unable to upload or download the files from vCloud Director. At the time or upload or download files into catalog, its prompting below error and ask for download the Client integration plugin, even though the CIP is already installed into the machine from where we are trying to upload the image into Vcd.
“The Client integration Plugin-in must be installed to enable OVF upload and download functionality. Click the link below to download installer. When the download has completed, you must close your browser before you can install the plugin”
To resolve the issue we have followed below steps.
If you are using Internet Explorer 11 and above and facing same error. Please follow below steps to resolve the issue.
1) Make sure your VCD FQDN is listed into trusted site.
2) Enable Compatibility mode.
3) When you load vCloud Director into Internet Explorer, press F12 and it will show the Developers Bar, at the bottom, go to the Emulation Tab .
If page is loading as Document Mode: EDGE then It will not Load.
If the Document mode says 5, 7, 8 or 10 , then it will load the Client Integration plugin without any issue.
4) Remove any previously created ovftool configuration file:
On Windows: Rename ovftool.cfg from "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\VMware"
On Linux: Rename "ovftool_ssldb" file from the user's home directory (\root for the user root)
5) Remove previously created any ovftool settings file
On Windows: Rename .csp_ovftool_settings from "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\VMware"
On Linux: Rename ".csp_ovftool_settings" from the user's home directory (\root for the user root)
If you are using Google Chrome and above and facing same error. Please follow below steps to resolve the issue.
1) Follow below VMware KB 2150215 (https://kb.vmware.com/kb/2150215)
Happy Sharing …J