vCenter appliance 6.5 is one of the latest & stable release of vCenter . vSphere 6.5 adds an X-Large deployment size, the update manager and a fully supported migration assistant to the appliance. So it’s time to migrate your Windows based vCenters to appliance with vSphere 6.5.
vSphere 6.5 is fully dependent on webclient. So no more vSphere client or C# client.
VCSA 6.5 Enhancements
- Supports up to 2000 ESXi Hosts and 35.000 Virtual Machines
- Guided Installer (Interactive Installer, instead of OVF Template)
- Robust deployment (Separate Deployment and Configuration to prevent failed deployments
- Migration Assistant (Migrate vCenter Server 5.5 or 6.0 for Windows to vCenter Server Appliance)
- Native High Availability
- VMware Update Manager
- Built-In Backup+Restore
- Improved Appliance Management
- HTML5-based vSphere Client
- Photon OS (Replaces SUSE Enterprise 11)
To view the compatibility of Esxi, vCenter server and vsphere client version, hardware compatibilty for Esxi , device comparability, Guest operating system compatibility, VM compatibility for Esxi. please use below link.
For Hardware compatibility for Esxi follow below link
So, Get started with the deployment of vSphere 6.5
- Download the VMware VCSA 6.5 ISO from MyVMware
- Mount the ISO or extract it and depending upon the system (Linux, Windows or Mac) you’re using to start the deployment locate the installer folder under ‘vcsa-ui-installer’
- Create A record & PTR for the vCenter
- If you were not configuring AD, add host entry details.
1) Launch the installer
Follow the instruction and click on Install if its a fresh install or select Upgrade if you have upgrade plan.
Accept the agreement with VMware and select the deployment model as per your design
Enter the details of ESXi host or vCenter server
Accept the SSL certificate prmpt and enter the name of VCSA VM and credentials.
Specify the deployment size and based on your environment and LLD.
At end configure networking requirements
After this review the configuration and start the deployment.
Stay tuned for next update.... : :)
Post a Comment